Saturday, September 24, 2016

Happiness in Marriage

So today I'm here to talk about the happiness that can be found in marriages, and being a newly wed of three months (tomorrow) I think I can be counted as an expert..obviously..


I mean come on, look how cute we are!
         
 

All the credit goes to our photographer, Simply Amor Photography, look her up she's seriously so talented!!

Anyway, back to my thought for the week, we learned a lot about the importance of the family structure and then how essential it is for those families to have babies!  But what stood out to me the most was that the foundation has to be from a strong marriage. I know I for one was terrified to get married, hasn't everyone heard the statistic that 50% of marriages end in divorce? (Not true by the way), but it's still a scary thought!  I know some people wonder if it's even worth it to get married at all, as we have seen the rise in cohabiting couples.  Now I'm not here to tell you that you are wrong, or that I know what is best for everyone, but I want to show you some facts that will give you some hope in the idea of traditional marriage!  There have been studies that show that the highest level of well-being comes from being married (Soons and Liefbroer 2008). After reading that in our textbook I dug a little deeper and found a lot of data that shows higher levels of happiness in more committed relationships, aka marriage.  Being married to your best friends also provides a built-in support system to help you overcome the trials we all face in life (Dehle, Larsen, and Landers 2001).

We need to change the culture!  I choose joy just like I chose to get married. When the time and person is right, don't be afraid.  Marriage is worth it.  Family is worth it.

"Marriage and children are not part of the plan of happiness it IS the plan of happiness." Boyd K. Packer







2 comments:

  1. I Loved this post! Your a great light for the world today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see these statistics you talked about. Great insight.

    ReplyDelete